Friday, July 4, 2008

We're Famous!

If you haven't picked up a copy of Martha Foose's new cookbook
Screen Doors and Sweet Tea, then you really are missing out on a treasure (she's the executive chef at the Viking Cooking School). Not only is there an abundance of tasty recipes (believe me, I've sampled them!), but there are beautiful photographs and nostalgic stories from around Mississippi on almost every page. It's one of those cook books that you really can read like a novel - my favorite part are the intros to the recipes that give a true taste of Southern life.

...And, not to brag, but if you turn to page 33, you'll see a great recipe for - yes, you guessed it - Lauren Farms 'Inland Prawn Toast'. We thank Martha for mentioning us and our product in her cookbook!

Be sure and pick up a copy of your own at your local bookstore!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Dolores! You really are famous! Thanks for the invite to the blog! I will definitely be trying out all your recipes... eating at your house in Leland will always be a favorite "past time" for me! And of course.. making myself sick on chocolate kisses and donuts with Mr. Steve! I love and miss y'all!!

    - Cara Lea

    ReplyDelete