- U. S. Farm-Raised Catfish Allison
- 6 to 8 catfish fillets
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 green onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce - (we used Tablespoon)
- generous dash Tabasco pepper sauce
Place the cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire, and pepper sauce in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Adjust seasoning if desired. Butter mixture may be made 24 hours ahead and kept refrigerated.
Poach the catfish fillets in lightly simmering water for 4 to 5 minutes. Gently lift the fillets from the water and set aside to drain.
For individual servings, place the fillets in au gratin dishes and cover with 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese mixture browns.
Without individual dishes, place fillets into a lightly baking dish. Cover each fillet with the cheese mixture and brown under the broiler. Carefully lift the fillets from the dish onto the plates and spoon some of the pan juices over each serving.
(Only use U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish. If you not sure, ask your grocer.)
Serves: 6 to 8