Anyway, onto the food! Here's a new recipe we recently tried and loved. Enjoy!
Lauren Farms Freshwater Prawn Asparagus and Pesto Fettuccine
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers (or 1 large fresh red pepper sliced and sauted)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto (look for Classico basil pesto in the spaghetti sauce section)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound raw prawns, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Freshly ground pepper and Kosher salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions. Add asparagus and continue cooking until the pasta and asparagus are just tender, about 3 minutes more. Reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the fettuccine and asparagus and return to the pot. Stir in peppers and pesto. Cover to keep warm.
Season prawns with fresh ground pepper, Kosher salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add prawns and cook, stirring occasionally, until just done, about 2 minutes per side. Remove prawns and add wine, increase heat to high and continue cooking until the wine is reduced to about 1/2. Add the prawns and wine mixture to the pasta, toss to coat, and add the reserved cooking water as needed. Season with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately.